cassandra-user mailing list archives

From qf zhou <zhouqf2...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: old big tombstone data file occupy much disk space
Date Fri, 01 Sep 2017 06:29:03 GMT

dataPath=/hdd3/cassandra/data/gps/gpsfullwithstate-073e51a0cdb811e68dce511be6a305f6/mc-100963-big-Data.db
echo "run -b org.apache.cassandra.db:type=CompactionManager forceUserDefinedCompaction $dataPath"
| java -jar /opt/cassandra/tools/jmx/jmxterm-1.0-alpha-4-uber.jar   -l localhost:7199

In the above, I am using a jmx method. But it seems that the file size doesn’t change. My
command is wrong ?

> 在 2017年9月1日,下午2:17,Jeff Jirsa <jjirsa@gmail.com> 写道:
>
> User defined compaction to do a single sstable compaction on just that sstable
>
> It's a nodetool command in very recent versions, or a jmx method in older versions
>

> --
> Jeff Jirsa
>

>> On Aug 31, 2017, at 11:04 PM, qf zhou <zhouqf2013@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I am using  a cluster with  3 nodes and  the cassandra version is 3.0.9. I have used
it about 6 months. Now each node has about 1.5T data in the disk.
>> I found some sstables file are over 300G. Using the  sstablemetadata command,  I
found it:  Estimated droppable tombstones: 0.9622972799707109.
>> It is obvious that too much tombstone data exists.
>> The default_time_to_live = 8640000(100 days) and   gc_grace_seconds = 432000(5 days).
 Using nodetool  compactionstats, I found the some compaction processes exists.