cassandra-user mailing list archives

From "Charulata Sharma (charshar)" <chars...@cisco.com>
Subject Lightweight transaction in Multi DC
Date Fri, 08 Sep 2017 19:27:46 GMT
Hi,
      We are facing a serious issue with CAS in a multi DC setup and I wanted to get some
input on it from the forum.

We have a Column family which stores counts for the number of events our application receives.
When the counts reach a certain threshold,
there is another process which kicks in. The issue that is happening is, sometimes when concurrent
events come in 2 Data Centers, both the events read the same count
and increment it to the same value which causes the next process to not kick in.

When concurrent events come in the same DC, this does not happen, because in this case, the
CAS explicitly fails for one of them.
However, in case of Multiple DCs this is not happening. Has anyone faced a similar issue and
is there any resolution to this?? I was unable to find any open Jira on this.

Thanks,
Charu