cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jeff Jirsa <jji...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New Column addition and Locking
Date Fri, 08 Sep 2017 14:27:55 GMT
There is no lock and it doesn't block existing reads or writes

You're already on 3.11, but as a reminder for others there's a bug in 3.0 versions between
(3.0.0 and 3.0.14) and (3.0 and 3.11.0) that can cause corruption when you add columns. It's
fixed in both 3.11.0 and 3.0.14, so if you need to alter your table and you're on a 3.something
version that isn't one of those, upgrade first.

--
Jeff Jirsa