cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jonathan Baynes <Jonathan.Bay...@tradeweb.com>
Subject Issue with New Production Cluster
Date Fri, 29 Sep 2017 13:43:32 GMT
Hi Community,

I have a 6 node ring, covering 2 DC's, the ring isn't being used yet and we are just in the
connectivity and testing phase. So the boxes are NOT under any load.

I've gone to connect to CQLSH this afternoon and I've had this returned:

cqlsh xx.xxx.xxx.xx -u cassandra -p cassandra
Connection error: ('Unable to connect to any servers', { xx.xxx.xxx.xx': OperationTimedOut('errors=Timed
out creating connection (5 seconds), last_host=None',)})

Status of the service is "Running"
Nodetool status is UP for all nodes.
Tested telnet on all ports and they are all up and connecting.
Checked the PID is up for cassandra (it is)

Any idea how I can debug the cause of this further?

Thanks

Jonathan Baynes
DBA
Tradeweb Europe Limited
Moor Place  *  1 Fore Street Avenue  *  London EC2Y 9DT
P +44 (0)20 77760988  *  F +44 (0)20 7776 3201  *  M +44 (0)xxxx xxxxxx
Jonathan.Baynes@tradeweb.com

[cid:image001.jpg@01CD26AD.4165F110]<http://www.tradeweb.com/>   follow us:  [cid:image002.jpg@01CD26AD.4165F110]
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/tradeweb?trk=top_nav_home>    [cid:image003.jpg@01CD26AD.4165F110]
<http://www.twitter.com/Tradeweb>
A leading marketplace<http://www.tradeweb.com/About-Us/Awards/> for electronic fixed
income, derivatives and ETF trading

destroy it. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail
is strictly forbidden. Tradeweb reserves the right to monitor all e-mail communications through
its networks. If you do not wish to receive marketing emails about our products / services,
please let us know by contacting us, either by email at contactus@tradeweb.com or by writing
to us at the registered office of Tradeweb in the UK, which is: Tradeweb Europe Limited (company
number 3912826), 1 Fore Street Avenue London EC2Y 9DT. To see our privacy policy, visit our
website @ www.tradeweb.com.