cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Alain Rastoul <alf.mmm....@gmail.com>
Subject Cassandra-count gives wrong results
Date Fri, 18 Aug 2017 21:41:32 GMT
Hi,

I use cassandra-count (github
https://github.com/brianmhess/cassandra-count) to count records in a
table, but I have wrong results.

When I export data with cqlsh /copy to csv, I have 1M records in my test
table, when I use cassandra-count I have different results for each node :
build/cassandra-count -host cstar1 -user cassandra -pw cassandra
-keyspace metrics -table datapoints
metrics.datapoints: 379285

build/cassandra-count -host cstar2 -user cassandra -pw cassandra
-keyspace metrics -table datapoints
metrics.datapoints: 324856

build/cassandra-count -host cstar3 -user cassandra -pw cassandra
-keyspace metrics -table datapoints
metrics.datapoints: 340615

It used to work in previous runs, but suddenly, the results went  wrong,
I can't understand why.

I downloaded the cassandra-count project, built and debugged it, but
still can't understand.

the program reads partitions in system.size_estimates, then for each
partition execute
SELECT COUNT(*) FROM keyspaceName.tableName WHERE Token("path") > ? AND
Token("path") <= ?
with start and end ranges.
The ring is correct, each node has the same ring.

Any clue about this ?

TIA

--
best,