cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Akhil Mehra <akhilme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: C* 3 node issue -Urgent
Date Wed, 23 Aug 2017 09:04:52 GMT
The cqlsh image say bad credentials. Just confirming that you have the correct username/password
when logging on.

By turing on authentication I am assuming you mean using the PasswordAuthenticator instead
of the AllowAllAuthenticator in the yaml.

Cheers,
Akhil

> On 23/08/2017, at 8:59 PM, Jonathan Baynes <Jonathan.Baynes@tradeweb.com> wrote:
>
> I will also  mention I am on:
>
> C* 3.0.11
> Linux Oracle red hat 7.1
> Java 1.8.0.31
> Python 2.7

into the Cassandra-env.sh file and updated the following:

> LOCAL_JMX=No
> JVM_OPTS="$JVM_OPTS -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.authenticate=true"
> JVM_OPTS="$JVM_OPTS -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.password.file=/opt/cassandra/application/jmxremote.password"
>
> Then I restarted each node, I have 3 of them  in a single DC, Single Rack.
> 115.63 (seed)
> 115.64
> 115.65 (seed)
>
> Nodetool status shows this
>
> <image004.png>
>
> In the Yaml I have Authentication turned ON.
> Cassandra has been working flawlessly up until the moment I restarted the nodes.
>
> as it stands right now..
>
> 115.63 is up, but I cannot connect to CQLSH
> I get the following error
> <image005.png>
>
> When I check the logs I on 115.64 and 115.65 I can see this
>
> WARN  [OptionalTasks:1] 2017-08-23 08:37:56,508 CassandraRoleManager.java:355 - CassandraRoleManager
skipped default role setup: some nodes were not ready
> INFO  [OptionalTasks:1] 2017-08-23 08:37:56,508 CassandraRoleManager.java:394 - Setup
task failed with error, rescheduling
> Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: org.apache.cassandra.exceptions.UnavailableException:
Cannot achieve consistency level LOCAL_ONE
>         at org.apache.cassandra.auth.CassandraRoleManager.getRole(CassandraRoleManager.java:512)
~[apache-cassandra-3.0.11.jar:3.0.11]
>         at org.apache.cassandra.auth.CassandraRoleManager.collectRoles(CassandraRoleManager.java:480)
~[apache-cassandra-3.0.11.jar:3.0.11]
>         at org.apache.cassandra.auth.CassandraRoleManager.getRoles(CassandraRoleManager.java:284)
~[apache-cassandra-3.0.11.jar:3.0.11]
>         at org.apache.cassandra.auth.RolesCache$1.load(RolesCache.java:122) ~[apache-cassandra-3.0.11.jar:3.0.11]
>         at org.apache.cassandra.auth.RolesCache$1.load(RolesCache.java:119) ~[apache-cassandra-3.0.11.jar:3.0.11]
>         at com.google.common.cache.LocalCache$LoadingValueReference.loadFuture(LocalCache.java:3527)
~[guava-18.0.jar:na]
>         at com.google.common.cache.LocalCache$Segment.loadSync(LocalCache.java:2319)
~[guava-18.0.jar:na]
>         at com.google.common.cache.LocalCache$Segment.lockedGetOrLoad(LocalCache.java:2282)
~[guava-18.0.jar:na]

<https://www.linkedin.com/company/tradeweb?trk=top_nav_home>   <image008.jpg>
<http://www.twitter.com/Tradeweb>
> —————————————————————————————————————————
> A leading marketplace <http://www.tradeweb.com/About-Us/Awards/> for electronic
fixed income, derivatives and ETF trading

> This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the
intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately
and destroy it. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this
e-mail is strictly forbidden. Tradeweb reserves the right to monitor all e-mail communications
through its networks. If you do not wish to receive marketing emails about our products /
services, please let us know by contacting us, either by email at contactus@tradeweb.com <mailto:contactus@tradeweb.com>
or by writing to us at the registered office of Tradeweb in the UK, which is: Tradeweb Europe
Limited (company number 3912826), 1 Fore Street Avenue London EC2Y 9DT. To see our privacy
policy, visit our website @ www.tradeweb.com <http://www.tradeweb.com/>.