cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Ben Slater <>
Subject Re: Creating a copy of a C* cluster
Date Mon, 07 Aug 2017 21:39:59 GMT
For minimum disruption to your production cluster, restoring from backups
is probably the best option. However, there is no reason adding a DC,
building and then splitting shouldn’t work if done correct.

On Tue, 8 Aug 2017 at 07:11 Robert Wille <> wrote:

> We need to make a copy of a cluster. We’re going to do some testing
> against the copy and then discard it. What’s the best way of doing that? I
> created another datacenter, and then have tried to divorce it from the
> original datacenter, but have had troubles doing so.
> Suggestions?
> Thanks in advance
> Robert
> For additional commands, e-mail:

*Ben Slater*

*Chief Product Officer <>*

<>   <>

Read our latest technical blog posts here

This email has been sent on behalf of Instaclustr Pty. Limited (Australia)
and Instaclustr Inc (USA).

This email and any attachments may contain confidential and legally
privileged information.  If you are not the intended recipient, do not copy
or disclose its content, but please reply to this email immediately and
highlight the error to the sender and then immediately delete the message.

View raw message