cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jon Haddad <jonathan.had...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Limit on having number of nodes in C* cluster
Date Mon, 21 Aug 2017 17:16:47 GMT
As far as I know, those 75K nodes are not in a single cluster.  If memory serves correctly
(and this article seems to indicate that it does http://www.techrepublic.com/article/apples-secret-nosql-sauce-includes-a-hefty-dose-of-cassandra/
<http://www.techrepublic.com/article/apples-secret-nosql-sauce-includes-a-hefty-dose-of-cassandra/>),
you’ll see clusters of 1,000 nodes.

Things start to get a little hairy once you go above a couple hundred nodes.  I would rather
run 5 100 node clusters than a single 500 node cluster.  In theory, once you’ve built out
the tooling to manage 2 clusters you should be able to apply it to manage 20 (reality always
gets in the way though…)

Jon

include Apple's, with over 75,000 nodes storing over 10 PB of data <http://cassandra.apache.org/>