cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jeff Jirsa <jji...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to minimize side effects induced by tombstones when using deletion?
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2017 06:08:27 GMT
Delete using as few tombstones as possible (deleting the whole partition is better than deleting
a row; deleting a range of rows is better than deleting many rows in a range).

Repair often and lower gc_grace_seconds so the tombstones can be collected more frequently

--
Jeff Jirsa

> On Jul 31, 2017, at 11:02 PM, Jing Meng <self.reload@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi there.
>

> We have a keyspace containing tons of records, and deletions are used as enforced by
its business logic.

> As the data accumulates, we are suffering from performance penalty due to tombstones,
still confusing about what could be done to minimize the harm, or shall we avoid any deletions
and adapt our code?