cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Mark Furlong <mfurl...@ancestry.com>
Subject RE: Restarting an existing node hangs
Date Wed, 23 Aug 2017 18:16:51 GMT
Cassandra doesn’t exit and continues to run with very little CPU usage shown in top.

Thanks
Mark
801-705-7115 office

From: Jeff Jirsa [mailto:jjirsa@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 23, 2017 12:07 PM
To: cassandra <user@cassandra.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Restarting an existing node hangs

Typically if that sstable is damaged you'd see some sort of message. If you recently changed
bloom filter or index intervals for that table, it may be silently rebuilding the other components
of that sstable. Does cassandra exit or does it just keep churning away?

On Wed, Aug 23, 2017 at 10:20 AM, Mark Furlong <mfurlong@ancestry.com<mailto:mfurlong@ancestry.com>>