cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Micha <mich...@fantasymail.de>
Subject Re: rebuild constantly fails, 3.11
Date Tue, 08 Aug 2017 15:51:51 GMT
The logs didn't show an error.
I have started it again with higher log level allthough errors should be
logged despite the log level. If it breaks again I share the log with
the possible error in it.
The only error output I got was on the console:

------------------------------------
Cassandra has shutdown.
error: null
-- StackTrace --
java.io.EOFException
        at java.io.DataInputStream.readByte(DataInputStream.java:267)
        at
sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.executeCall(StreamRemoteCall.java:222)
        at com.sun.jmx.remote.internal.PRef.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at
javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl_Stub.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at
javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnector$RemoteMBeanServerConnection.invoke(RMIConnector.java:1020)
        at
javax.management.MBeanServerInvocationHandler.invoke(MBeanServerInvocationHandler.java:298)
        at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy7.rebuild(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.cassandra.tools.NodeProbe.rebuild(NodeProbe.java:1190)
        at
org.apache.cassandra.tools.nodetool.Rebuild.execute(Rebuild.java:58)
        at
org.apache.cassandra.tools.NodeTool$NodeToolCmd.run(NodeTool.java:254)
        at org.apache.cassandra.tools.NodeTool.main(NodeTool.java:168)

On 08.08.2017 17:03, ZAIDI, ASAD A wrote:
> Without exact failure text, it is really hard to guess what may be going-on -  can you
please share logfile excerpt detailing the failure error so we can have better idea of the
nature failure.
> Adjusting phi_convict_threshold may yet be another shot in the dark when we don’t know
what is causing the failure and network is supposedly stable.

> ~Asad

is stable. maybe I set this to 10.