cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Akhil Mehra <akhilme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: UnauthorizedException: user has no select permissions when quering Cassandra
Date Tue, 29 Aug 2017 21:46:59 GMT
I could be that authorisation is added to a node without increasing the replication factor
for the system_auth keyspace (https://docs.datastax.com/en/cassandra/3.0/cassandra/configuration/secureConfigInternalAuth.html
<https://docs.datastax.com/en/cassandra/3.0/cassandra/configuration/secureConfigInternalAuth.html>)

or for some reason the authorisation has not replicated to a particular node.

Cheers,
Akhil
http://abiasforaction.net <http://abiasforaction.net/>

> On 30/08/2017, at 9:09 AM, Chuck Reynolds <creynolds@ancestry.com> wrote:
>
> I’m receiving the following error when quering a table that I know the user has super
user rights to.

> It only happens about 10% of the time.
>
> com.datastax.driver.core.exceptions.UnauthorizedException: User test has no SELECT permission
on <table testtable> or any of its parents.