cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jeff Jirsa <jji...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Removing Columns from production table
Date Fri, 18 Aug 2017 16:24:24 GMT
Regrettably, this may be a manifestation of Cassandra-13004, which could corrupt data being
read at the time you issued the ALTER TABLE command

What type of issues are you seeing? Anything in the logs?

--
Jeff Jirsa

> On Aug 18, 2017, at 8:41 AM, Jonathan Baynes <Jonathan.Baynes@tradeweb.com> wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> Is there anything I need to do after dropping a column and adding in a column to flush
cassandra of the changes? We are experiencing issues with our front end application, and the
developers are asking if the issue was caused by the change in schema, as I’ve done the
drop and add of a column, have I missed something, do I need to make any further changes to
the system with schema changes?

> Using Cassandra 3.0.11
>
> Thanks

> This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the
intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately
and destroy it. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this
e-mail is strictly forbidden. Tradeweb reserves the right to monitor all e-mail communications
through its networks. If you do not wish to receive marketing emails about our products /
services, please let us know by contacting us, either by email at contactus@tradeweb.com or
by writing to us at the registered office of Tradeweb in the UK, which is: Tradeweb Europe
Limited (company number 3912826), 1 Fore Street Avenue London EC2Y 9DT. To see our privacy
policy, visit our website @ www.tradeweb.com.