cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jonathan Baynes <Jonathan.Bay...@tradeweb.com>
Subject Cassandra Setup Question
Date Wed, 23 Aug 2017 11:53:34 GMT
Hi Community,

Quick question regarding Replication Factor.

In my Production Environment I currently have 6 nodes this will grow to 10 shortly), over
2 datacentres, so currently 3 in each, we want to have Active/Passive setup so the Client
will only speak to DC 1 via load balancing policy, but we want the data to replicate across
both DCs , so that in the event of a DC failure the second DC acts as our DR DC and has  all
the data as well.

The Consistency will be Quorum, but replication Factor does that need to be 3 or 6.

Thanks

Jonathan Baynes
DBA
Tradeweb Europe Limited
Moor Place  *  1 Fore Street Avenue  *  London EC2Y 9DT
P +44 (0)20 77760988  *  F +44 (0)20 7776 3201  *  M +44 (0)xxxx xxxxxx
Jonathan.Baynes@tradeweb.com

[cid:image001.jpg@01CD26AD.4165F110]<http://www.tradeweb.com/>   follow us:  [cid:image002.jpg@01CD26AD.4165F110]
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/tradeweb?trk=top_nav_home>    [cid:image003.jpg@01CD26AD.4165F110]
<http://www.twitter.com/Tradeweb>
A leading marketplace<http://www.tradeweb.com/About-Us/Awards/> for electronic fixed
income, derivatives and ETF trading

destroy it. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail
is strictly forbidden. Tradeweb reserves the right to monitor all e-mail communications through
its networks. If you do not wish to receive marketing emails about our products / services,
please let us know by contacting us, either by email at contactus@tradeweb.com or by writing
to us at the registered office of Tradeweb in the UK, which is: Tradeweb Europe Limited (company
number 3912826), 1 Fore Street Avenue London EC2Y 9DT. To see our privacy policy, visit our
website @ www.tradeweb.com.