cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jonathan Baynes <Jonathan.Bay...@tradeweb.com>
Subject RE: C* 3 node issue -Urgent
Date Wed, 23 Aug 2017 08:59:57 GMT
I will also  mention I am on:

C* 3.0.11
Linux Oracle red hat 7.1
Java 1.8.0.31
Python 2.7

From: Jonathan Baynes
Sent: 23 August 2017 09:47
To: 'user@cassandra.apache.org'
Cc: Stewart Allman
Subject: C* 3 node issue -Urgent

Hi Everyone.

I  need the communities help here.

I have attempted this morning to turn on JMX authentication for Nodetool. I've gone into the
Cassandra-env.sh file and updated the following:

LOCAL_JMX=No
JVM_OPTS="$JVM_OPTS -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.authenticate=true"
JVM_OPTS="$JVM_OPTS -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.password.file=/opt/cassandra/application/jmxremote.password"

Then I restarted each node, I have 3 of them  in a single DC, Single Rack.
115.63 (seed)
115.64
115.65 (seed)

Nodetool status shows this

[cid:image004.png@01D31BF6.93C48130]

In the Yaml I have Authentication turned ON.
Cassandra has been working flawlessly up until the moment I restarted the nodes.

as it stands right now..

115.63 is up, but I cannot connect to CQLSH
I get the following error
[cid:image005.png@01D31BF6.93C48130]

When I check the logs I on 115.64 and 115.65 I can see this

WARN  [OptionalTasks:1] 2017-08-23 08:37:56,508 CassandraRoleManager.java:355 - CassandraRoleManager
skipped default role setup: some nodes were not ready
INFO  [OptionalTasks:1] 2017-08-23 08:37:56,508 CassandraRoleManager.java:394 - Setup task
failed with error, rescheduling
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: org.apache.cassandra.exceptions.UnavailableException:
Cannot achieve consistency level LOCAL_ONE
        at org.apache.cassandra.auth.CassandraRoleManager.getRole(CassandraRoleManager.java:512)
~[apache-cassandra-3.0.11.jar:3.0.11]
        at org.apache.cassandra.auth.CassandraRoleManager.collectRoles(CassandraRoleManager.java:480)
~[apache-cassandra-3.0.11.jar:3.0.11]
        at org.apache.cassandra.auth.CassandraRoleManager.getRoles(CassandraRoleManager.java:284)
~[apache-cassandra-3.0.11.jar:3.0.11]
        at org.apache.cassandra.auth.RolesCache$1.load(RolesCache.java:122) ~[apache-cassandra-3.0.11.jar:3.0.11]
        at org.apache.cassandra.auth.RolesCache$1.load(RolesCache.java:119) ~[apache-cassandra-3.0.11.jar:3.0.11]
        at com.google.common.cache.LocalCache$LoadingValueReference.loadFuture(LocalCache.java:3527)
~[guava-18.0.jar:na]
        at com.google.common.cache.LocalCache$Segment.loadSync(LocalCache.java:2319) ~[guava-18.0.jar:na]
        at com.google.common.cache.LocalCache$Segment.lockedGetOrLoad(LocalCache.java:2282)
~[guava-18.0.jar:na]
        at com.google.common.cache.LocalCache$Segment.get(LocalCache.java:2197) ~[guava-18.0.jar:na]
        ... 38 common frames omitted
Caused by: org.apache.cassandra.exceptions.UnavailableException: Cannot achieve consistency
level LOCAL_ONE

I have no idea what to do, so any help would be amazing right now..

Thanks

Jonathan Baynes
DBA
Tradeweb Europe Limited
Moor Place  *  1 Fore Street Avenue  *  London EC2Y 9DT
P +44 (0)20 77760988  *  F +44 (0)20 7776 3201  *  M +44 (0)xxxx xxxxxx
Jonathan.Baynes@tradeweb.com<mailto:Jonathan.Baynes@tradeweb.com>

[cid:image001.jpg@01CD26AD.4165F110]<http://www.tradeweb.com/>   follow us:  [cid:image002.jpg@01CD26AD.4165F110]
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/tradeweb?trk=top_nav_home>    [cid:image003.jpg@01CD26AD.4165F110]
<http://www.twitter.com/Tradeweb>
A leading marketplace<http://www.tradeweb.com/About-Us/Awards/> for electronic fixed
income, derivatives and ETF trading

destroy it. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail
is strictly forbidden. Tradeweb reserves the right to monitor all e-mail communications through
its networks. If you do not wish to receive marketing emails about our products / services,
please let us know by contacting us, either by email at contactus@tradeweb.com or by writing
to us at the registered office of Tradeweb in the UK, which is: Tradeweb Europe Limited (company
number 3912826), 1 Fore Street Avenue London EC2Y 9DT. To see our privacy policy, visit our
website @ www.tradeweb.com.