cassandra-user mailing list archives

From "Jeff Jirsa"<>
Subject Re: nodetool repair failure
Date Mon, 31 Jul 2017 05:53:28 GMT

On 2017-07-27 21:36 (-0700), Mitch Gitman <> wrote:
> Now, the particular symptom to which that response refers is not what I was
> seeing, but the response got me thinking that perhaps the failures I was
> getting were on account of attempting to run "nodetool repair
> --partitioner-range" simultaneously on all the nodes in my cluster. These
> are only three-node dev clusters, and what I would see is that the repair
> would pass on one node but fail on the other two.

Running nodetool repair --partitioner-range simultaneously on all nodes in the cluster will
indeed be a problem, and the symptoms will vary widely based on node state / write load /
compaction load. This is one of the times when the right answer is "don't do that" until the
project comes up with a way to prevent you from doing it in order to protect you from yourself.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message