cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Oleksandr Shulgin <oleksandr.shul...@zalando.de>
Subject Re: Cannot achieve consistency level LOCAL_ONE
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2017 11:41:55 GMT
On Thu, Jul 6, 2017 at 6:58 PM, Charulata Sharma (charshar) <
charshar@cisco.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am facing similar issues with SYSTEM_AUTH keyspace and wanted to know
> the implication of disabling the "*cassandra*" superuser.

Unless you have scheduled any tasks that require the user with that name to
be there, there are no implications.  This user is not used by Cassandra
tools or the server process internally, so nothing really depends on it.

Of course, in order to drop a superuser account, you need to create another
superuser, so in the end you still have superuser access to your cluster.

Cheers,
--
Alex