cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Nitan Kainth <ni...@bamlabs.com>
Subject Re: private interface for interdc messaging
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2017 17:59:52 GMT
Yes. Because that's the ip used for internode communication

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jul 7, 2017, at 10:52 AM, CPC <achalil@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Nitan,
>
> Do you mean setting broadcast_address to private network would suffice?
>
>> On 7 July 2017 at 20:45, Nitan Kainth <nitan@bamlabs.com> wrote:
>> You can setup broadcast address for the IP on which Nodes will communicate with each
other. You network team can setup routing table from source to target.
>> We had similar setup done in one of my previous project where we segregated network
between application and C* nodes communication.

>> > On Jul 7, 2017, at 10:28 AM, CPC <achalil@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > We are building 2 datacenters with each machine have one public(for native client
connections) and one for private(internode communication). What we noticed that nodes in one
datacenters trying to communicate with other nodes in other dc over their public interfaces.