cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jeff Jirsa <jji...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError on CentOS 6.5 VM
Date Mon, 31 Jul 2017 15:19:53 GMT
Sigh, I've tried to reply to this three times and none are in the archives, so I don't think
they're making it through. Apologies if this is the fourth time someone's seen it:

The problem is JNA jar that was upgraded recently and bumped the glibc requirement

The jump to 4.4.0 introduced this, the project dropped back to 4.2.2 following this issue

If you experience it and need to stay on your current OS, grab the jar here and drop it in
lib/ (removing your 4.4.0 jar)

https://github.com/apache/cassandra/raw/00a777ec8ab701b843172e23a6cbdc4d6cf48f8d/lib/jna-4.2.2.jar

--
Jeff Jirsa

> On Jul 31, 2017, at 7:53 AM, piet molenaar <piet.amc@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks Ryan, I couldn't find that version but tried with the 3.0.14 version, to no avail.
I ended up configuring the VM's in my cloud with RHEL7 and that includes glib2_17...
> Best regards,
> Piet
>
>> On Fri, Jul 28, 2017 at 6:29 PM, ruijian.lee <ruijian.lee@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Piet,
>>
>> I have also encountered this situation, when I installed Cassandra 3.11.0 on RHEL
.  It seems complain of low GLIBC version. Then I use an older version of Cassandra 3.9.0.
 It works.

>> Thanks.
>> Ryan
>> On 07/28/2017 22:31,piet molenaar<piet.amc@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi, I've installed Cassandra on a CentOS cluster of VM's
>>
>> When starting up Cassandra gives OK but when actually checking the nodetool status
this gives a connection error, and when checking Cassandra is in fact not running at all.

>> The log shows problems:
>> ERROR [main] 2017-07-28 14:03:56,958 NativeLibraryLinux.java:62 - Failed to link
the C library against JNA. Native methods will be unavailable.
>> java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /tmp/jna-3506402/jna7194809249311751737.tmp: /lib64/libc.so.6:
version `GLIBC_2.14' not found (required by /tmp/jna-3506402/jna7194809249311751737.tmp)

>> The same happened with the binary. Looking the library up in the CentOS community
this is till EOL of series 6.X restricted to version glibc_2.12