cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Nitan Kainth <ni...@bamlabs.com>
Subject Re: private interface for interdc messaging
Date Mon, 10 Jul 2017 13:16:22 GMT
Did your network team setup route?
Can you run traceroute and see?

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jul 10, 2017, at 2:12 AM, CPC <achalil@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> setting broadcast adress does not resolve problem. We still saw interdc traffic like
below:
> dc1 public => dc2 private
>
> traffic. We we want is:
>
> dc1 private => dc2 private
>
> Any idea? Also could it be related to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-12673.
Any idea?

>> On 7 July 2017 at 21:51, CPC <achalil@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Thank you Nitan.
>>

>> On Jul 7, 2017 8:59 PM, "Nitan Kainth" <nitan@bamlabs.com> wrote:
>> Yes. Because that's the ip used for internode communication
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>>> On Jul 7, 2017, at 10:52 AM, CPC <achalil@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Nitan,
>>>
>>> Do you mean setting broadcast_address to private network would suffice?

with each other. You network team can setup routing table from source to target.
network between application and C* nodes communication.

native client connections) and one for private(internode communication). What we noticed that
nodes in one datacenters trying to communicate with other nodes in other dc over their public
interfaces.