cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Akhil Mehra <akhilme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: MUTATION messages were dropped in last 5000 ms for cross node timeout
Date Thu, 20 Jul 2017 20:47:14 GMT
Hi Asad,

http://cassandra.apache.org/doc/latest/faq/index.html#why-message-dropped <http://cassandra.apache.org/doc/latest/faq/index.html#why-message-dropped>

As mentioned in the link above this is a load shedding mechanism used by Cassandra.

Is you cluster under heavy load?

Regards,
Akhil

> On 21/07/2017, at 3:27 AM, ZAIDI, ASAD A <az192g@att.com> wrote:
>
> Hello Folks –
>
> I’m using apache-cassandra 2.2.8.
>
> I see many messages like below in my system.log file. In Cassandra.yaml file [ cross_node_timeout:
true] is set and NTP server is also running correcting clock drift on 16node cluster. I do
not see pending or blocked HintedHandoff  in tpstats output though there are bunch of MUTATIONS
dropped observed.

> <start timeout message >
> INFO  [ScheduledTasks:1] 2017-07-20 08:02:52,511 MessagingService.java:946 - MUTATION
messages were dropped in last 5000 ms: 822 for internal timeout and 2152 for cross node timeout