cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Subroto Barua <sbarua...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: MUTATION messages were dropped in last 5000 ms for cross node timeout
Date Thu, 20 Jul 2017 17:22:13 GMT
In a cloud environment, cross_node_timeout = true can cause issues; we had this issue in our
environment and it is set to false now.
Dropped messages is an another issue

Subroto

> On Jul 20, 2017, at 8:27 AM, ZAIDI, ASAD A <az192g@att.com> wrote:
>
> Hello Folks –
>
> I’m using apache-cassandra 2.2.8.
>
> I see many messages like below in my system.log file. In Cassandra.yaml file [ cross_node_timeout:
true] is set and NTP server is also running correcting clock drift on 16node cluster. I do
not see pending or blocked HintedHandoff  in tpstats output though there are bunch of MUTATIONS
dropped observed.

> <start timeout message >
> INFO  [ScheduledTasks:1] 2017-07-20 08:02:52,511 MessagingService.java:946 - MUTATION
messages were dropped in last 5000 ms: 822 for internal timeout and 2152 for cross node timeout