cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Nitan Kainth <ni...@bamlabs.com>
Subject Re: Simulating Read and WriteTimeouts programatically
Date Thu, 06 Jul 2017 17:12:37 GMT
You can set timeout value in cqlshrc file. But you will have to overload the cluster to take
these into effect.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jul 6, 2017, at 10:08 AM, Charulata Sharma (charshar) <charshar@cisco.com> wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>
> Recently I learnt that in C* driver versions 3.1.x and up,  there is a change in retry.
If the query statement is not idempotent, there won't be any retry and by default the queries
are considered to be non idempotent.
> Hence, even though Retry policy is mentioned while setting up the C* connection, incase
of a C* read and write timeouts, the driver does not retry the read/write operation.
> I am now trying to test this by setting the default idempotent to true . Unfortunately
I cannot change the read and write timeout settings in yaml to test this, so am trying to
see if there is
> An easier way to raise the ReadTimeOut and WriteTimeOutExceptions programmatically and
then test. However, I haven't had much success .