cassandra-user mailing list archives

From "ZAIDI, ASAD A" <az1...@att.com>
Subject RE: MUTATION messages were dropped in last 5000 ms for cross node timeout
Date Fri, 21 Jul 2017 14:35:14 GMT
Thanks for your reply Subroto – I’ll try you suggestions to see if this help. I’ll revert
with results.

From: Subroto Barua [mailto:sbarua116@yahoo.com.INVALID]
Sent: Thursday, July 20, 2017 12:22 PM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Re: MUTATION messages were dropped in last 5000 ms for cross node timeout

In a cloud environment, cross_node_timeout = true can cause issues; we had this issue in our
environment and it is set to false now.
Dropped messages is an another issue

Subroto

On Jul 20, 2017, at 8:27 AM, ZAIDI, ASAD A <az192g@att.com<mailto:az192g@att.com>>
wrote:
Hello Folks –

I’m using apache-cassandra 2.2.8.

I see many messages like below in my system.log file. In Cassandra.yaml file [ cross_node_timeout:
true] is set and NTP server is also running correcting clock drift on 16node cluster. I do
not see pending or blocked HintedHandoff  in tpstats output though there are bunch of MUTATIONS
dropped observed.

<start timeout message >
INFO  [ScheduledTasks:1] 2017-07-20 08:02:52,511 MessagingService.java:946 - MUTATION messages
were dropped in last 5000 ms: 822 for internal timeout and 2152 for cross node timeout
<end timeout message >

I’m seeking help here if you please let me know what I need to check in order to address
these cross node timeouts.

Thank you,
Asad