cassandra-user mailing list archives

From "ZAIDI, ASAD A" <az1...@att.com>
Subject RE: Understanding of cassandra metrics
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2017 14:42:12 GMT
What exactly does mean CoordinatorScanLatency for example
CoordinatorScanLatency  is a timer metric that present coordinator range scan latency for
 table.
Is it latency on full table scan or maybe range scan by clustering key?
                It is range scan.. clustering key is used to only store data in sorted fashion
– partition key along with chosen partitioner helps in range scan of data.
Can anybody write into partition while locked?
                Writes are atomic – it depends on your chosen consistency level to determine
if writes will fail or succeed.

From: Павел Сапежко [mailto:amelius0712@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, July 07, 2017 8:23 AM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Re: Understanding of cassandra metrics

Are you really think that I don't read docs? Do you have enough information in the documentation?
I think no. What exactly does mean CoordinatorScanLatency for example? Is it latency on full
table scan or maybe range scan by clustering key? What exactly mean ViewLockAcquireTime? What
is "partition lock"? Can anybody write into partition while locked? Etc.