cassandra-user mailing list archives

From "Jeff Jirsa"<jji...@apache.org>
Subject Re: nodetool removenode causing the schema out of sync
Date Thu, 29 Jun 2017 21:53:40 GMT

On 2017-06-29 13:45 (-0700), Jai Bheemsen Rao Dhanwada <jaibheemsen@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Jeff,
>
> Sorry the Version I am using 2.1.16, my first email had typo.
> When I say schema out of sync
>
> 1. nodetool descriebcluster shows Schema versions same for all nodes.

Ok got it, this is what I was most concerned with.

> 2. nodetool removenode, shows the node down messages in the logs
> 3. nodetool describecluster during this 1-2 mins shows several nodes as
> UNREACHABLE and recovers with in a minute or two.

This is likely due to overhead of streaming - you're probably running pretty close to your
tipping point, and your streaming throughput creates enough GC pressure on the destinations
to make them flap a bit. If you use the streaming throughput throttle, you may be able to
help mitigate that somewhat (at the cost of speed).