cassandra-user mailing list archives

From "Jeff Jirsa"<jji...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Upgrade from 3.0.6, where's the documentation?
Date Thu, 15 Jun 2017 22:35:11 GMT

On 2017-06-14 07:05 (-0700), Riccardo Ferrari <ferrarir@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> It's been a while since I upgraded my C* to 3.0.6, nevertheless I would
> like to give TWCS a try (avaialble since 3.0.7).
>
> What happened to the upgrade documentation ? I was used to read some
> step-by-step procedure from datastax but looks like they are not supporting
> it anymore, on the flip side  I can't find anything meaningful on
> cassandra.apache.org website. What am I missing?

The cassandra.apache.org docs are a work in progress.

In the mean time, the old cached versions of the datastax pages are reasonably accessible:

https://web.archive.org/web/20161004153529/http://docs.datastax.com:80/en/latest-upgrade/upgrade/cassandra/upgrdBestPractCassandra.html

https://web.archive.org/web/20161004145950/http://docs.datastax.com:80/en/latest-upgrade/upgrade/cassandra/upgrdCassandraDetails.html

> What is the most stabe 3.0.X version, is it the latest?

You'll want to wait for 3.0.14 if you can, it'll have 2 very important fixes in it. ETA is
probably early next week.