cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Meg Mara <mm...@digitalriver.com>
Subject Hints files are not getting truncated
Date Tue, 27 Jun 2017 16:17:05 GMT
Hello,

I am facing an issue with Hinted Handoff files in Cassandra v3.0.10. A DC1 node is storing
large number of hints for DC2 nodes (we are facing connection timeout issues). The problem
is that the hint files which are created on DC1 are not getting deleted after the 3 hour window.
Hints are now being stored as flat files in the Cassandra home directory and I can see that
old hints are being deleted but at a very slow pace. It still contains hints from May.
max_hint_window_in_ms: 10800000
max_hints_delivery_threads: 2

Why do you suppose this is happening? Any suggestions or recommendations would be much appreciated.

Thanks for your time.
Meg Mara