cassandra-user mailing list archives

From kurt greaves <k...@instaclustr.com>
Subject Re: Question: Large partition warning
Date Wed, 14 Jun 2017 22:52:15 GMT
Looks like you've hit a bug (not the first time I've seen this in relation
to C* configs). compaction_large_partition_warning_threshold_mb resolves to
an int, and in the codebase is represented in bytes. 4096 * 1024 * 1024 and
you've got some serious overflow. Granted, you should have this warning set
considerably lower than 4096MB anyway. Try set it to 1024MB. Looks like
this affects multiple versions so I'll create a JIRA/patch soon.

Relevant code:
 public static int getCompactionLargePartitionWarningThreshold() { return
conf.compaction_large_partition_warning_threshold_mb * 1024 * 1024; }