cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Paulo Motta <pauloricard...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Repairing question
Date Thu, 22 Jun 2017 20:30:54 GMT
> This attribute seems to be only modified when executing "nodetool repair [keyspace] [table....]",
but not when executing with other options like --in-local-dc or --pr.

This is correct behavior because this metric actually represent the
percentage of SSTables incrementally repaired - and marked as repaired
- which doesn't happen when you execute a non-incremental repair
(--full, --in-local-dc, --pr). When you perform a non-incremental
repair data is repaired but not marked as repaired since this require
anti-compaction to be run.

Actually this "percent repaired" display name is a bit misleading,
since it sounds like data needs to be repaired while you could be
running non-incremental repairs and still have data 100% repaired, so
we should probably open a ticket to rename that to "Percent
incrementally repaired" or similar.