cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Anuj Wadehra <anujw_2...@yahoo.co.in.INVALID>
Subject Re: Linux version update on DSE
Date Tue, 27 Jun 2017 18:34:17 GMT
Also, if you restore exactly same data with different IP, you may need to clear gossip state
on the node.
Anuj

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 11:56 PM, Anuj Wadehra<anujw_2003@yahoo.co.in> wrote:   Hi
Nitan,
I asked for adding autobootstrap false to avoid streaming. Generally, replace_address is used
for bootstrapping new node with new ip but same token range. As you already had data, I asked
you to try it with autoboostrap false and see if that works for you. If you can bring it back
without replace_address option, good to go.
ThanksAnuj

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 11:23 PM, Nitan Kainth<nitan@bamlabs.com> wrote:   Anuj,
We did that in past, even if data was not removed, replace_node caused data streaming. So
changing IP is simplest and safest option.