cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Anuj Wadehra <anujw_2...@yahoo.co.in.INVALID>
Subject Re: Linux version update on DSE
Date Tue, 27 Jun 2017 17:43:15 GMT
Hi Nitan,
I think it would be simpler to take one node down at a time and replace it by bringing the
new node up after linux upgrade, doing same cassandra setup, using replace_address option
and setting autobootstrap=false ( as data is already there). No downtime as it would be a
rolling upgrade. No streaming as same tokens would work.
If you have latest C*, use replace_address_first_boot. If option not available, use replace_address
and make sure you remove it once new node is up.
Try it and let us know if it works for you.
ThanksAnuj

  On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 4:56 AM, Nitan Kainth<nitan@bamlabs.com> wrote:   Right, we
are just upgrading Linux on AWS. C* will remain at same version.