cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Chris Stokesmore <chris.elsm...@demandlogic.co>
Subject Re: Partition range incremental repairs
Date Tue, 06 Jun 2017 10:57:36 GMT
Hi all,

Wondering if anyone had any thoughts on this? At the moment the long running repairs cause
us to be running them on two nodes at once for a bit of time, which obivould increases the
cluster load.

On 2017-05-25 16:18 (+0100), Chris Stokesmore <c...@demandlogic.co> wrote:
> Hi,>
>
> We are running a 7 node Cassandra 2.2.8 cluster, RF=3, and had been running repairs with
the -pr option, via a cron job that runs on each node once per week.>

> We changed that as some advice on the Cassandra IRC channel said it would cause more
anticompaction and  http://docs.datastax.com/en/archived/cassandra/2.2/cassandra/tools/toolsRepair.html
 says 'Performing partitioner range repairs by using the -pr option is generally considered
a good choice for doing manual repairs. However, this option cannot be used with incremental
repairs (default for Cassandra 2.2 and later)'

> Only problem is our -pr repairs were taking about 8 hours, and now the non-pr repair
are taking 24+ - I guess this makes sense, repairing 1/7 of data increased to 3/7, except
I was hoping to see a speed up after the first loop through the cluster as each repair will
be marking much more data as repaired, right?>