cassandra-user mailing list archives

From "ZAIDI, ASAD A" <az1...@att.com>
Subject Apache Cassandra - Memory usage on server
Date Wed, 14 Jun 2017 23:23:02 GMT
Hi folks,

I’m using apache Cassandra 2.2.

Instance is configured with max_heap_size set at 16G, memtable_allocation_type is  offheap_objects
– total available memory is 62G on the server.
There is nothing but Cassandra is running on my Linux server.

My Cassandra instance is consuming all available memory on my machine!

$ free -h
Mem:           62G        62G       776M       184K        35M        42G
-/+ buffers/cache:        19G        43G
Swap:         4.0G         0B       4.0G

Can you guys  please suggest how I can limit memory usage of my Cassandra instance and why
C* may be using all available memory?
I’ll much appreciate your suggestions.

Thanks/Asad