Nope, I didn’t comment on that query.   I specifically answered your question about "select * from hello where a='foo' allow filtering;”

The query you’ve listed here looks like it would also do a full table scan (again, I don’t see how it would be avoided).

I recommend firing up a 3 node cluster using CCM, creating a key space with RF=1, and seeing what it does.