cassandra-user mailing list archives

From "Jeff Jirsa"<jji...@apache.org>
Subject Re: RE: Decommissioned node cluster shows as down
Date Tue, 16 May 2017 16:46:46 GMT

On 2017-05-16 09:28 (-0700), Mark Furlong <mfurlong@ancestry.com> wrote:
> I thought the same that the decommission would complete the removal of a node. I have
heard something said about a 72 hour window, I’m not sure if that pertains to this version.

We keep a record of it in gossip for 72 hours (in a special status to indicate that the node
left the ring), just in case we had a host that was offline during the decommission come back
to life and still have a record of that now-removed host in its saved system tables. It'll
be in gossip, but it shouldn't be in 'nodetool ring' or 'nodetool status' output.