cassandra-user mailing list archives

From "Jeff Jirsa"<jji...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Strange Cassandra startup error
Date Thu, 11 May 2017 18:01:13 GMT

On 2017-05-11 07:26 (-0700), William Boutin <william.boutin@ericsson.com> wrote:
> I've been running apache-cassandra 2.2.6 for a few years. Recently when I configured
a new cassandra node and started Cassandra via "service start cassandra" on LINUX 6.5, I got
the following exception. After cleaning out my data_file_directories I was able to successfully
restart. Any ideas? Thanks
> ERROR [main] 2017-05-10 02:12:09,935 CassandraDaemon.java:638 - Exception encountered
during startup
> org.apache.cassandra.exceptions.ConfigurationException: Unable to check disk space available
to /usr/share/cassandra/data/commitlog. Perhaps the Cassandra user does not have the necessary
permissions
> Caused by: java.io.IOException: Mount point not found

Is "/usr/share/cassandra/data" a local drive, or NFS? Anyone doing any changes to fstab /
mounted volumes?