cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Nitan Kainth <ni...@bamlabs.com>
Subject Re: sstablesplit - status
Date Wed, 17 May 2017 17:23:13 GMT
Right, but realistically that is what happens with SizeTiered. Another option is to split the
tables in proportion size NOT same size. Like 100 GB into 50, 25, 12,13. If you make all as
10gb each, they will compact immediately into same size again. Motive is to get rid of duplicates
which exist on smaller tables outside this one big table (as per my understanding from your
email).

> IOn May 17, 2017, at 12:20 PM, Hannu Kröger <hkroger@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Basically meaning that if you run major compaction (=nodetool compact), you will end
up with even bigger file and that is likely to never get compacted without running major compaction
again. And therefore not recommended for production system.

> Hannu
>
>> On 17 May 2017, at 19:46, Nitan Kainth <nitan@bamlabs.com <mailto:nitan@bamlabs.com>>
wrote:

>> You can try running major compaction to get rid of duplicate data and deleted data.
But will be the routine for future.