cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Anshul Rathore <anshulrathor...@gmail.com>
Subject Prepared Statement Preloading in Cassandra
Date Wed, 03 May 2017 13:52:29 GMT
Hi

We are using Cassandra 3.10 version, one of the issue we encounter on
restart of a node is cassandra either gives Out of Memory error or goes
into GC cycle.

Able to identify the cause that in newer versions cassandra is preloading
all the prepared statements and we have one table which has around 200
columns , and not all values are set all the time, so there are lot of
prepared statements stored in system keyspace, so on startup it tries to
load all and not able to.

Temporary fix we are doing is truncating prepared statements table before
restart. Any thoughts on how to fix this ?

Thanks
Anshul