cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Haris Altaf <>
Subject Cassandra Server 3.10 unable to Start after crash - commitlog needs to be removed
Date Fri, 19 May 2017 15:13:42 GMT
Hi All,
I am using Cassandra 3.10 for my project and whenever my local windows
system, which is my development environment, crashes then cassandra server
is unable to start. I have to delete commitlog directory after every system
crash. This is actually annoying and what's the purpose of commitlog if it
itself gets crashed. I have uploaded the entire dump of Cassandra Server
(along with logs, commitlogs, data, configs etc) at the link below. Kindly
share its solution. I believe it needs to be fixed.

Crashed Cassandra 3.10 Server Link:

View raw message