cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Michael Mior <mm...@uwaterloo.ca>
Subject NoSE: Automated schema design for Cassandra
Date Tue, 09 May 2017 15:29:41 GMT
Hi all,

I wanted to share a tool I've been working on that tries to help automate
the schema design process for Cassandra. The short description is that you
provide information on the kind of data you want to store and the queries
and updates you want to issue, and NoSE will perform a cost-based analysis
to suggest an optimal schema.

There's lots of room for improvement and many Cassandra features which are
not currently supported, but hopefully some in the community may still find
it useful as a starting point.

Link to more details and the source code below:

https://michael.mior.ca/projects/nose/

If you're interested in trying it out, don't hesitate to reach out and I'm
happy to help!

Cheers,
--
Michael Mior