cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Hannu Kröger <>
Subject Re: Cassandra Server 3.10 unable to Start after crash - commitlog needs to be removed
Date Fri, 19 May 2017 15:45:26 GMT
I have seen this happen as well. Deleting commit logs helps to Cassandra start but of course
if you are very unlucky you might lose some data.

> On 19 May 2017, at 18.13, Haris Altaf <> wrote:
> Hi All,
> I am using Cassandra 3.10 for my project and whenever my local windows system, which
is my development environment, crashes then cassandra server is unable to start. I have to
delete commitlog directory after every system crash. This is actually annoying and what's
the purpose of commitlog if it itself gets crashed. I have uploaded the entire dump of Cassandra
Server (along with logs, commitlogs, data, configs etc) at the link below. Kindly share its
solution. I believe it needs to be fixed.
> Crashed Cassandra 3.10 Server Link:
> regards,
> Haris
> --