cassandra-user mailing list archives

From kevin <chenhai...@eefung.com>
Subject Fail to add a new node to a exist cluster
Date Thu, 04 May 2017 05:56:32 GMT
I have a Cassandra(v3.7) cluster with 31 nodes, each node’s hard configuration is 4cpu, 64GB
memory, 8TB hard disk, and each node has stored about 4TB of data now. When I joined a new
node, I found that the process has not been completed for more than a week, while the CPU
load of new node and some other nodes continued to be high, and finally had to give up join.
Is it a new node to join the process itself is very slow, or our way of use (too much data
per node) improper and cause this problem? Is there any good way to speed up the process of
adding new nodes?
Thanks,
Kevin