cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Oskar Kjellin <oskar.kjel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache Cassandra - Configuration Management
Date Sat, 20 May 2017 10:48:27 GMT
If you're on AWS you can use Netflix Priam

> On 17 May 2017, at 18:40, Abhishek Gupta <abhilater@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Zaidi,
>
> We use Chef for the configuration management of our 14 node cluster.
>
> You can have a look at Chef or maybe some other config management tools too like Ansible
and Puppet.

> Thanks,
> Abhishek
>
>> On May 17, 2017 10:08 PM, "DuyHai Doan" <doanduyhai@gmail.com> wrote:
>> For configuration management there are tons of tools out there:
>>
>> - ansible
>> - chef
>> - puppet
>> - saltstack
>>
>> I surely forgot a few others
>>

>>> On Wed, May 17, 2017 at 6:33 PM, ZAIDI, ASAD A <az192g@att.com> wrote:
>>> Good Morning Folks –
>>>

>>> I’m running 14 nodes Cassandra cluster in two data centers , each node is has
roughly 1.5TB. we’re anticipating more load therefore we’ll be expanding cluster with
additional nodes.

>>> At this time, I’m kind of struggling to keep consistent cassandra.yaml file
on each server – at this time, I’m maintaining yaml file manually. The only tool I’ve
is splunk  which  is only to ‘monitor‘ threads.

>>> Would you guy please suggest  open source tool that can help maintain the cluster.
I’ll really appreciate your reply – Thanks/Asad