cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Hannu Kröger <hkro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is DataStax's DSE better than cassandra's free open source for a newbie developer's good start for cassandra?
Date Tue, 30 May 2017 11:59:13 GMT
Hello,

DSE is commercial and costs money to use in production. More info from DataStax:

RPMs are currently not available for the latest version. There is 3.0.13 but newer than that
are not available from Apache AFAIK:
http://cassandra.apache.org/download/ <http://cassandra.apache.org/download/>

Build instructions are here:
https://github.com/apache/cassandra/tree/trunk/redhat <https://github.com/apache/cassandra/tree/trunk/redhat>

I hope those are helpful!

Cheers,
Hannu

> On 30 May 2017, at 13:30, gloCalHelp.com <www_8ems_com@sina.com> wrote:
>
> Dear sir,
>
> Good evening, this is Georgelin from the biggest market of ShangHai, China,
>
> I have known how to download an odd-number(bug fixed) version cassandra source but not
a rpm package.

> would you like to give me a step by step guiding from  compiling, distributing compiled
classes to several computers to setup cassandra cluster?   Cause I am starting to focus on
cassandra big data but not other big  data such as Greenplum, CGE, HDP etc.

> And I am a quick learner and deserving teaching student( I have ever worked in IBM too)
in big market of China, is there a senior Cassandra's system designer who  would like to be
my Cassandra's teacher?

> And this is a starting point question,  is it better for a newbie to download a third
party cassandra source such as DSE to dig in  or download original Cassandra source? Because
DSE has spark, solr, graph DB more functions than original cassandra,
> but is there anyone know DSE's license?
>
> This is my personal mobile phone:
> 0086 180 5004 2436
> , except cassandra, any big data problems on MPP Greenplum and CGE are welcomed to ask
me, we can exchange big data systems' knowledge too.