cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Lydia Ickler <ickle...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Smart Table creation for 2D range query
Date Sun, 07 May 2017 07:15:15 GMT
Like this?

CREATE TABLE test ( x double, y double, m1 int, ... m5 int, PRIMARY KEY ((x,y), m1, … ,
m5) )

> Am 05.05.2017 um 21:54 schrieb Nitan Kainth <nitan@bamlabs.com>:
>
> Make metadata as partition key and x,y as part of partition key i.e. Primary key. It
should work

> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On May 5, 2017, at 2:40 PM, Lydia <icklerly@googlemail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I am new to Apache Cassandra and I would like to get some advice on how to tackle
a table creation / indexing in a sophisticated way.

>> My aim is to store x- and y-coordinates, accompanied by some columns with meta information
(m1, ... ,m5). There will be around 100,000,000 rows overall. Some rows might have the same
(x,y) pairs but always distinct meta information.

>> In the end I want to do a rather simple range query in the form of e.g. (0 >=
x <= 1) AND (0 >= y <= 1).

>> What would be the best choice of variables to set as primary key, partition key.
Or should I use a index? And if so on what column(s)?