cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Nitan Kainth <ni...@bamlabs.com>
Subject Re: Cassandra Node Density thresholds
Date Fri, 19 May 2017 16:42:04 GMT
Asad,

Ideally you should keep 50% free disk space. Yes, right now you have good option to scale
horizontally or add more disk space if you can. Adding more nodes will give you more scalability
for reads/writes and disk space will just give you more capacity  for current load.

Sent from my iPhone

> On May 19, 2017, at 11:04 AM, ZAIDI, ASAD A <az192g@att.com> wrote:
>
> Hello Folks -
>
> I'm using open source apache Cassandra 2.2 .My cluster is spread over 14 nodes in cluster
in two data centers.

> My DC1 data center nodes are reaching 2TB of consumed volume. we don't have much space
left on disk.

> I am wondering if there is guideline available that can point me to certain best practice
that describe when we should add more nodes to the cluster.  should we add more storage or
add more nodes. I guess we  should scale Cassandra horizontally so adding node may be better
option.. i am looking for a criteria that describes node density thresholds, if there are
any.

> Can you guys please share your thoughts , experience. I'll much appreciate your reply.
Thanks/Asad