cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Lydia <ickle...@googlemail.com>
Subject Smart Table creation for 2D range query
Date Fri, 05 May 2017 19:40:53 GMT
Hi all,

I am new to Apache Cassandra and I would like to get some advice on how to tackle a table
creation / indexing in a sophisticated way.

My aim is to store x- and y-coordinates, accompanied by some columns with meta information
(m1, ... ,m5). There will be around 100,000,000 rows overall. Some rows might have the same
(x,y) pairs but always distinct meta information.

In the end I want to do a rather simple range query in the form of e.g. (0 >= x <= 1)
AND (0 >= y <= 1).

What would be the best choice of variables to set as primary key, partition key. Or should
I use a index? And if so on what column(s)?

Thanks in advance!
Best regards,
Lydia