cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Eren Yilmaz <Eren.Yil...@sebit.com.tr>
Subject RE: Counter performance
Date Mon, 17 Apr 2017 11:36:46 GMT
Application tables use LeveledCompactionStrategy. At first, counter tables were created by
default SizeTieredCompactionStrategy, but we changed them to LeveledCompactionStrategy then.

compaction = { 'class' : 'org.apache.cassandra.db.compaction.LeveledCompactionStrategy', 'sstable_size_in_mb'
: 512 }

From: benjamin roth [mailto:brstgt@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, April 17, 2017 12:12 PM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Re: Counter performance

Do you have a different compaction strategy on the counter tables?

We are using Cassandra (3.7) counter tables in our application, and there are about 10 counter
tables. The counter tables are in a separate keyspace with RF=3 (total 10 nodes). The tables
are read-heavy, for each web request to the application, we read at least 20 counter values.
The counter reads are very slow comparing to the other application data reads from cassandra,
and sometimes the reads put extra heavy CPU load on some nodes.

Are there any tips, or best practices for increasing the performance of counter tables?