cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Harikrishnan Pillai <HPil...@walmartlabs.com>
Subject Re: EXT: Start Cassandra with Gossip disabled ?
Date Fri, 14 Apr 2017 07:54:45 GMT
Yes , you can disable gossip and disable binary to cut off All traffic but process like compactions
can still continue .

Sent from my iPhone

> On Apr 11, 2017, at 9:21 AM, Biscuit Ninja <cassandra@biscuit.ninja> wrote:
>
> We run an 8 node Cassandra v2.1.16 cluster (4 nodes in two discrete datacentres) and
we're currently investigating a problem where by restarting Cassandra on a node resulted in
the filling of Eden/Survivor/Old and frequent GCs.

> http://imgur.com/a/OR1dk
>
> This hammered reads from our application tier (writes seemed okay) and until we determine
what the root cause is, we'd like to be able to start Cassandra with gossip disabled.